Basil Garabet, President & CEO of NKT Photonics, joins the EPIC Board of Directors
- Published on 08 May 2020
Announced on 16 April 2020 at the EPIC Annual General Meeting, held exceptionally online as a face-to-face meeting was not possible, Basil Garabet President & CEO of NKT Photonics since 2015, joins the EPIC Board of Directors. Basil holds an MSc in Lasers and Their Applications and has extensive 37 year international management experience from leading positions in the photonics industry. Previously with JK Lasers, EM4, Altitun, Melles Griot, Pirelli and Lasertron. Basil throughout his career has built and revitalised companies towards profit and growth.
Basil Garabet said, on joining the EPIC Board of Directors: “Over the years, EPIC has built a strong network of companies across the entire spectrum of the European photonics industry. Today, EPIC is a leading advocate in the industry with its trusted experts and leaders. I am privileged to be a part of EPIC Board of Directors and look forward to the commitment towards the growth of the photonics industry. I am very excited to work with EPIC towards this development.”
“It’s a privilege to have Basil join on our Board of Directors and to have his expertise and knowledge of the laser industry to EPIC association and its members. EPIC’s model of connecting the European photonics community worldwide is through collaboration and partnerships and we look forward to working with Basil to further promote photonic technologies and innovations in Europe.” says Benno Oderkerk, President of EPIC.
2020 EPIC BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Basil Garabet, President & CEO, NKT Photonics (Denmark)
- Benno Oderkerk, CEO, Avantes (The Netherlands)
- Christian Bosshard, Vice President, CSEM (Switzerland)
- Jan Meise, CEO, AMS Technologies (Germany)
- Martin Schell, Director, Fraunhofer HHI (Germany)
- Maurizio Gattiglio, Vice President, Prima Electro, and Chairman & CEO, Convergent Photonics (Italy)
- Samuel Bucourt, CEO, Imagine Optics (France)